Friday, November 16, 2012

the shoe game


At our reception we played a little something called the shoe game. I thought it seemed really fun when I saw it on Pinterest but every time I explained it to people they didn't exactly share the same excitement. In fact, they told me it sounded weird and/or lame... But I didn't care! I was going to have it my way or I was going to go Bride-zilla all over the place.

It. Was. So. Fun. Ask anyone! They will tell you that it wasn't lame at all. It was a good way to break the ice before the dancing and get everyone in a more playful mood. It was also a good way for my friends and family to get to know David better since many people hadn't met him before that day. I loved the shoe game.

David's little brother Andy read these questions out loud and then we were to hold up the shoe of the person we thought best answered the question.

Who is more likely to get lost?
Who is the better driver?
Who has had more tickets?
Who is the better dresser?
Who is the better kisser?
When you first met, who made the first move?
Who gets the best grades in school?
Who is smarter?
Who is more creative?
Who is better at keeping surprises?
Who will be doing the cooking?
Who is more adventurous?
Who is more likely to break a bone doing something adventurous?
Who is better looking?
Who said I love you first?
Who starts the argument?
Who is the first to say I'm sorry?
Who wears the pants?
Who spends more money?
Who makes more money?
Who will be in control of the remote?
Who will be more likely to wake up grumpy?
Who will be more likely to hog to covers?
Who will kill the spiders?
Who is messier?
Right now, who do you love more than anyone in the world?

4 comments:

  1. Hi there. I found your blog through Pinterest and just love what you did to the cultural hall for your wedding reception! I am planning a wedding right now and I don't think it will work for us to rent a venue...but the cultural hall is a challenge. If you don't mind, I'd love to learn how you did the ceiling at your reception. Did you do it yourself? What materials did you use? How much time did it take? If you don't mind helping me out please email me at crystaldelmar@hotmail.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second those thoughts...Jw3275@yahoo.com pretty please???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! Can I please know about the ceiling too? Your wedding looks absolutely beautiful!!! lucerofelix29@gmail.com ... Another question, where was this at? Minnesota or Rex? :) (I happen to be part of those two places too! ) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi would love love more info about the ceiling!

    ReplyDelete