Thursday, March 20, 2014

How to Decorate a Cultural Hall: Part 1

I feel like I'm not really qualified to write this post because I had almot nothing to do with how fabulous our reception looked. But I'm going to try and answer some of your questions. Bear with me.

Question 1:

Beautiful reception! I love the full false ceiling that you did. Did you do the ceiling or have someone do it?? I am very interested in doing this for my reception.. Please let me know!!!

Answer: We had someone do it for us. A little company based out of Texas but they are no longer in business. I do know some of their trade secrets though.
First, we had to make sure that we were allowed to drill holes into the walls of the cultural hall. We just asked the bishop and he said yes!
Then we got some of these eye hooks and painted them to match the wall color. You need enough hooks to put them every five feet.

Then they used super strong fishing wire to hang the"fabric" and twinkle lights. The "fabric" was not fabric at all but it was plastic table coverings that come on a roll like this one!
You need to hang the lights and the plastic sheeting long enough to touch the floor on each side. You have to do that so you can hide the extension cords on the floor. 


Next you have to make sure that nobody accidentally hits the button to lower the basketball goal and make everything come crashing down... (that almost happened)


Question 2:

I am planning a reception for my daughter in October. Can you tell me how you did the "Mr and Mrs" backdrop behind the table? From the pictures it appears to be hung, but I can't tell from what it hangs. Also, what is used for the rod? Also, is that wall behind that backdrop the regular cultural hall wall, or did you cover it with burlap? Your reception is really wonderful. Congratulations on making the cultural hall look really great!

Answer: The curtain rod with the Mr. And Mrs. banner is hung with the same eye hooks and fishing wire as the false ceilling and attached to the the wall up high.
The walls in our church building already matched the burlap theme so we just went with it.








3 comments:

  1. I love this decorations. who did them for you? Do they still do decorations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did a good job making the cultural hall look way less like a church gym. Kudos to you. I love the plastic rolls used to hide the ceiling. You made a gym look classy. That's usually not the case for wedding receptions held in a cultural hall. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get your pictures blown up to size? It looked beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete