Wednesday, January 29, 2014

top 10 reasons why 2014 is going to better than 2013


10. We are no longer the newbies in the neighborhood. We know everyone who's anyone around here and people think we're pretty cool. [I guess.]

9. I'M NO LONGER WORKING ON THE CAMPUS GROUNDS CREW. For those of you who don't know what that is and why it's so horrible, let me tell you. It's a job where you wake up super early to mow lawns in the summer. And everyone hates you for being in the way as they're walking to class. And then, you wake up even earlier, like 4:00am, to shovel snow in the winter. And everyone still hates you. Sometimes I cried.

8. We BOTH have new awesome jobs that we love. He sells cell phones and I am a secretary in the Teacher Ed. department and a T.A.

7. We made an herb garden for our kitchen and I'm pretty excited about it. [I may post pictures soon.]

6. We have super awesome couple's best-friends that we both get along with perfectly. It's like, why didn't we meet y'all sooner?

5.I am changing my major, again. Hopefully now I will have less stress about school. Hopefully.

4. We are working on being healthier. Well it's mostly me. I have almost cut gluten completely out of my diet and I am cutting back on dairy and meat. I don't really feel like I'm missing out on much since fruits and vegetables are my favorite things anyways.

3. I've decided that I am not going to let anything stress me out like it did last year. For those who don't know, it was a terrible year for us. I'm going to be real honest. There were times when I thought I couldn't get through. I know that God gives us trials in our lives to test our faith in Him. He gives us trials to prepare us for something else down the road. My trails have made me stronger. I am going to stay positive from now on and I'm not going to feel sorry for myself.

2. I am committing myself to write down my thoughts in some form (journal, blog, essays, tweets, etc.) at least once a day. I want to start making records for my posterity and all.

1. I am going to: pray more, read something uplifting daily, meditate more, do more yoga, take more bubble baths, kiss longer, write more love notes, worry less, eat more sushi, go to bed earlier, and watch less TV.

Here's to the new year! May yours be better and brighter that the one before.

No comments:

Post a Comment